[TRY] Server Map Cycle

« Older   Newer »
phd_killer
view post Posted on 13/10/2011, 15:23

Hi Saint,

Is there a limit to the number of maps we can have on the server ?

There are maps we don't play often, mainly because they are too big. I won't remove them from the server, because we never know it can be useful.

On the other hand, there are many more maps that could be fun to have on the server. I'm thinking about Vietnam for instance. I like this map, it not too big and different enough from other maps.

This site www.urthd.com.ar/index.asp?id=maps as over 170 maps.
Many must be too big,
Many must be horrible for FPS, (I remember a map on the old server with walls of water were even I had FPS problems on it...)
But I'm pretty sure we can find there maps that we played on other servers and that it could be nice to have on our.

This site also has some interesting maps www.snipersgaulois.com/downloads.More.php

You pay, you decide !

But if I can be of any help, let me know.
Here is a list of maps I would like to see on the server with their download link.
blitzkrieg
cemetery666
city
granja
kingdom_rc6
laneway4_beta
nam
quickfight
unload_beta

Those are only maps I did play, there are others I yet have to [TRY]...

Fishescantsmoke
view post Posted on 13/10/2011, 15:44

Man, Blitzkrieg should be horrible for fps, I mean, i play wih 35 most of the time, and when I went to this map I had like 7 FPS, really horrible, i couldn't even moove my mouse :/

phd_killer
view post Posted on 13/10/2011, 16:00

I can't imagine how good [TRY] could be if we all had 125 FPS >.<

HellYeah!!!
view post Posted on 13/10/2011, 21:40

QUOTE (phd_killer @ 13/10/2011, 10:23) 
There are maps we don't play often, mainly because they are too big. I won't remove them from the server, because we never know it can be useful.

AIM, how can u remove maps from the server. Saint does it through gameservers.com which needs a program FileZilla to edit the server. Thats what i did with {N}S{ server.

Anyway,

most of the maps on try server are great maps!

Beaza
Arena2 (new favoite map= NO MORE TURNPIKE)

GREAT MAPS

phd_killer
view post Posted on 13/10/2011, 21:48

Mistake, I meant I wouldn't asked for them to be removed

SaintHawk
view post Posted on 17/10/2011, 06:43

Well, tonight I gave you FTP access, IJCA, so you can add any new maps yourself. There is no limit to the number of maps we have on the server, but I like the mapcycle to only have about 15 maps max. Even 15 is a bit too many, since we almost never get to the end of the cycle.

Right now the beginning of our cycle is: Turnpike --> Dust2 --> Casa --> Barn

And Barn is what fucks the cycle up. Not everyone likes Barn, so the map always gets changed or cycled, and we either end up somewhere weird, or back at Turnpike.

phd_killer
view post Posted on 17/10/2011, 13:02

Personnaly, I miss playing normal maps like Kingdom, Ramelle (version 4.1 NOT 4.1.1), thignley, OilDepot, Swim, etc.
Maps we don't play often on our server and maps we never play in Team survivor mode.

view post Posted on 17/10/2011, 13:30

Alt er Tabt

Group:
CENTURIONES

I don't miss playing on Ramelle...

Web   Top
moltisanti
view post Posted on 17/10/2011, 14:39

Ramelle in TS is very different, but it's a sniper map sniper sniper

phd_killer
view post Posted on 17/10/2011, 14:43

I am currently looking for a MAP REPOSITORY, that is a place where maps are stored.
So when a new user comes to our server and we propose a new map, the UrT client will go there to download the map.
Now, it works for regular maps that are hosted by urbanterror.net, but for maps that are not hosted there yet, it doesn't work.

I found a map that works in bomb mode, called bilbo_rough. I tough it was a very nice map than can become popular, let's see...

(And I won't put Ramelle in the mapcycle)

WOO HOO I found a place where you can upload your map and set there server as amp repository. http://ut.s.finestway.com/q3ut4/
and the download time is much faster then the time it take to upload it to the server...

So that way, when you connect and there is a new map, it will download it, and it works.

:woot: :woot: :woot:

Edited by phd_killer - 17/10/2011, 10:01

view post Posted on 17/10/2011, 15:19

Alt er Tabt

Group:
CENTURIONES

You can put Ramelle in the mapcycle, I always joke about it, but it's a map like the others. And someone likes it, so why should I complain?

Web   Top
Thateffingterrorist
view post Posted on 17/10/2011, 16:39

Ramelle punches me in the balls when I try to jump across buildings but fail because of the lag spike.

view post Posted on 17/10/2011, 16:42

QUOTE (phd_killer @ 13/10/2011, 17:00) 
I can't imagine how good [TRY] could be if we all had 125 FPS >.<

ihave but ill still suck :wacko:

phd_killer
view post Posted on 17/10/2011, 17:01

I put some maps on the server

ut4_bilbo_rough : nice looking map, but spawns are random, which is totally fucked up for bomb mode... NOT to put in mapcycle

ut4_cambridge_b1 : a different version of cambridge by the same mapper. It will have a lot less FPS drops and bomb mode is enabled. Maybe in mapcycle ?

ut4_conf : Bomb mode enabled, WEIRD MAP... can be fun for us only to play, probably get boring after a while...

ut4_dtc : Bomb mode enabled, nice map, but WAYYYYY TO BIG and difficult for bomb mode

ut4_ferguson_b12 : Bomb mode enabled, it's a maybe

ut4_kingpin_rc3 : A nice map, lot's of potential for bomb mode. Not easy for the red side.

ut4_oaks_b1 : A nice map in development by the same guy who did Cambridge and Tohunga. There is a place for me and Saint : a Tunnel of love...

ut4_cambridge_b1 : Same as cambridge_fixed, but Delirium removed the FPS dropping stuff, turn on the lights, removed running water and placed bomb sites. So a very nice map.

Edited by phd_killer - 17/10/2011, 13:27

patryk8
view post Posted on 17/10/2011, 19:16

Guys? why I dont have a TRY server? I get new list and still dont have it!

65 replies since 26/8/2011, 13:30   840 views