Poland feedback, Feedback about poland map

« Older   Newer »
phd_killer
view post Posted on 20/1/2012, 00:25

MajkiFajki, the mapper of Poland asked me to put a feedback thread about his map.

Feel free to post comments as long as it is constructive.
You can critic, but be specific about what is wrong.

You can also let him know if you like it.

phd_killer
view post Posted on 21/1/2012, 15:33

Thank's to MajkiFajki, here, you can learn about the map places and names
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/403/locations.jpg/

moltisanti
view post Posted on 21/1/2012, 15:53

this is just a bof map. Very classic, but fine to play.

<(^^)> Holy
view post Posted on 23/1/2012, 01:30

Is it larger if you dont play it on team survivor? like some maps eg algiers has areas closed off when not playing bomb mode etc.

phd_killer
view post Posted on 23/1/2012, 01:55

The only difference is the spawns that are in buildings. (I think)

<(^^)> Holy
view post Posted on 23/1/2012, 18:34

Okay thanks

Pietrek
view post Posted on 23/1/2012, 21:35

not bad but damn...even in my country i have 200 ping thats sad ;)

NanoBullet
view post Posted on 24/1/2012, 01:24

Good map. Nice for sniper and for autos as well.

Don't like the fact that it has too much opened spaces. It gives the map a more simple side. Sometimes it works, but in some cases, like the Church, it seems like it's incomplete.

The Restaurant part looks a little empty as well, but besides that, it's a very cool map.

phd_killer
view post Posted on 24/1/2012, 04:02

I had a problem with the map, but could not figure it out.

I don't know if I dreamt about it last night, but I woke up with a possible idea why I don't like it.

The "contour" of the map is closed by tall buildings and almost everywhere you are enclosed by tall building. So the map feels clostrophobic.

I get the idea of showing many polish buildings, but maybe you could have a field somewhere or parking lot and show the buildings in the background.

There are some "weird" places where people can climb, like lamp posts, but there not enough "levels" in the map. there are a couple of stairs, but the denivelation is not pronounced enough for it to be a "feature" of the map.

I understand that the map is pretty "mature" so changing the structure is dangerous because you will have people used the current structure that won't accept the proposed changes.

Anyway, this is just my 2cents and I understand it might not be easy to consider them in your map making.

GL !

dekenizer
view post Posted on 24/1/2012, 06:39

I'd like be able to go on top of building,,, even inside and have stairs and windows

<(^^)> Holy
view post Posted on 25/1/2012, 00:39

I agree there should be at least one building with stairs and a window etc pehaps like turnpikes.. just so theres at least one classic camping spot =D

MajkiFajki
view post Posted on 25/1/2012, 16:03

Hi guys!

Glad to see my humble map on your server! Well. First things first.

Map has exact size of ut4_kingdom. I measured it in editor. So it's not big - it's medium. Map was designed with circle jumps in mind. So players who like to jump, won't drop below 500 on speedo-meter.

Map is still far from being finished. But I'm not gonna change layout, map is fast in fact (when you learn rhythm of it and interception points) and I;m no sure if I add any soft cover. You see - if map is not small, adding cover makes it bigger - you have more spots where enemy might camp, you need more time to "scan" every area and so on. I like it openness. Force players to MOVE.

The "contour" of the map is closed by tall buildings and almost everywhere you are enclosed by tall building. So the map feels clostrophobic.

It will be fixed in the future - already have it on my "to-do" list.
There are some "weird" places where people can climb, like lamp posts, but there not enough "levels" in the map. there are a couple of stairs, but the denivelation is not pronounced enough for it to be a "feature" of the map.

Yeah, I decided to go with more flat environment. There are some level differences, but not too big.
Don't like the fact that it has too much opened spaces. It gives the map a more simple side. Sometimes it works, but in some cases, like the Church, it seems like it's incomplete.

That's always a problem. There is very thin border between cover and obstacles. For now I decided I won't give you too much cover. Areas are pretty open, yes, but are divided into sub areas. Almost every spot can be flanked or reached from behind.

just so theres at least one classic camping spot =D

Go to balcony then! :)

RadTheGayPanda
view post Posted on 26/1/2012, 10:04

nice map to snipe and autos survivor. never tryed in bomb or ctf.

it s funny like you said when you know interception point. i like it even it has much open spaces.

nice too rush with jumps so it s good.

i m trying to learn how to use gtkgradient... it s hard. Is It possible to make the map in Blender or Maya then to pass it on Gtkgradient to complete it? (spawn, flag bomb site,etc...)

N1 for your map

JonathanLUNG
view post Posted on 29/1/2012, 17:59

There's this really cool balcony just ahead of the chessboard which is awesome to jump over because you jump onto a staircase and slide up without losing any health at all. I like that. :3

13 replies since 20/1/2012, 00:25   213 views