RCON abuse

« Older   Newer »
SaintHawk
view post Posted on 8/5/2012, 08:01

I want to ignore that because it pisses me off that people just assume I'm doing everything with the rcon

I don't slap people (except for kish) and I don't use nukes. any time a bomb goes off these past few months, blame saint, yell at saint. anytime the gravity changes, blame saint. go get yourself another scapegoat. and even when i do fuck with gravity or blow up a bomb, tough shit, people can leave for all i care. don't take it serious, life is all a big joke just like this game. ive done stupid shit with the rcon but 95% of the time it's not me doing it

Why do you think I even made those rules? I spent like 3 hours typing them. I wouldn't have posted them if the problem was me. The problem is other people with the rcon who've discovered they can act under the guise of anonymity because everyone says "Ugh who did that?" which is always followed with "Omg Saint"

I told kish I just wanted me and him to have the rcon but I decided not because I thought this whole fuck with the rcon thing, either to piss off the idiots playing on a casual server seriously or to change the server and game types for a vocal minority, was just a phase and it would go away soon. but there are still people with aliases doing random shit, and there are still people wearing try tag using it just because they know everyone will assume it was me. i caught r2d2 doing stuff with an alias tonight so i want to take away his rcon access already. there are like 5 other members i might be on the chopping block too. if i actually do that then ill just keep the rcon for kish and me

i know it must be frustrating to watch me validate my own abuse of the rcon, but i have paid for it every cent of the way since it's been up (my mom helped pay, too), so I don't give a shit what anyone think. If somebody else wants to pay or help pay then they can run it their way and it could be a "democracy" (which everybody knows doesn't work). i seem bitter because i resent that nobody ever really tells me thanks for running a server where the alternative is that it simply doesnt exist. instead i just get complaints about bad hits and lag (of which there is none, server side. if you lag it's you. morons), people bitching at me for too many people having rcon, people bitching at me for paradoxically doing everything with the rcon myself). just a little appreciation for my generosity is all i want, from someone besides Kish. But I know running the server isnt some grand feat where I save civilization. the more i think about it, the more i want to give it to someone else, if i can find someone who would pay. in the rules i wrote you might notice the stipulation that the server's "ownership" isn't directly specified as me permanently. then they could run it however the hell they want. That's what I've done and I havent done anything wrong considering ive now got 60 or so dollars coming out of my pockets every 3 months or shut it down completely if nobody could pay. Which wouldnt be a big deal. There are tons of other servers out there for people to play on

but yeah if you're frustrated by rcon the past 2 months or so, control your impulses to judge me and pigeonhole me as the that admin who completely removes the gameplay

view post Posted on 8/5/2012, 09:24

Alt er Tabt

Group:
CENTURIONES

You're completely right. I l know what you mean. In fact when me and Rakish payed for the server not everyone had rcon, but just few people. If this keeps happening you should just change the rcon and give it to a small group of people you really trust. I think that would be better. I appreciate the fact that you wrote the rules trying to share the rcon, but I knew it would have been that hard having people respecting them. Just wait and see what happens after this post.
I know you didn't mean to be bitter, I know that what you said is legit. Anyway, sincerely, thank you for paying for the server. If only I was still playing regularly I would help, but I'm in Veteran category now...

Web   Top
phd_killer
view post Posted on 8/5/2012, 12:40

When it comes to the server, You are the leader Saint.

I trust you (or thrust you =] ) when you say you do not abuse as much now and it was just a phase. However, once people saw you do it, they now feel they feel they can do it to. The problem is that they do not have the same judgement as you. Maybe that is causing the problem.

I think I said it a couple of times, but here it is again :
THANK YOU SAINT FOR THE SERVER

Maybe we could experiment with the referee password and see how it goes.

(I am sad you didn't consider me for the rcon though =[ )

moltisanti
view post Posted on 8/5/2012, 14:05

QUOTE (SaintHawk @ 8/5/2012, 09:01) 
I want to ignore that because it pisses me off that people just assume I'm doing everything with the rcon

I don't slap people (except for kish) and I don't use nukes. any time a bomb goes off these past few months, blame saint, yell at saint. anytime the gravity changes, blame saint. go get yourself another scapegoat. and even when i do fuck with gravity or blow up a bomb, tough shit, people can leave for all i care. don't take it serious, life is all a big joke just like this game. ive done stupid shit with the rcon but 95% of the time it's not me doing it

Why do you think I even made those rules? I spent like 3 hours typing them. I wouldn't have posted them if the problem was me. The problem is other people with the rcon who've discovered they can act under the guise of anonymity because everyone says "Ugh who did that?" which is always followed with "Omg Saint"

I told kish I just wanted me and him to have the rcon but I decided not because I thought this whole fuck with the rcon thing, either to piss off the idiots playing on a casual server seriously or to change the server and game types for a vocal minority, was just a phase and it would go away soon. but there are still people with aliases doing random shit, and there are still people wearing try tag using it just because they know everyone will assume it was me. i caught r2d2 doing stuff with an alias tonight so i want to take away his rcon access already. there are like 5 other members i might be on the chopping block too. if i actually do that then ill just keep the rcon for kish and me

i know it must be frustrating to watch me validate my own abuse of the rcon, but i have paid for it every cent of the way since it's been up (my mom helped pay, too), so I don't give a shit what anyone think. If somebody else wants to pay or help pay then they can run it their way and it could be a "democracy" (which everybody knows doesn't work). i seem bitter because i resent that nobody ever really tells me thanks for running a server where the alternative is that it simply doesnt exist. instead i just get complaints about bad hits and lag (of which there is none, server side. if you lag it's you. morons), people bitching at me for too many people having rcon, people bitching at me for paradoxically doing everything with the rcon myself). just a little appreciation for my generosity is all i want, from someone besides Kish. But I know running the server isnt some grand feat where I save civilization. the more i think about it, the more i want to give it to someone else, if i can find someone who would pay. in the rules i wrote you might notice the stipulation that the server's "ownership" isn't directly specified as me permanently. then they could run it however the hell they want. That's what I've done and I havent done anything wrong considering ive now got 60 or so dollars coming out of my pockets every 3 months or shut it down completely if nobody could pay. Which wouldnt be a big deal. There are tons of other servers out there for people to play on

but yeah if you're frustrated by rcon the past 2 months or so, control your impulses to judge me and pigeonhole me as the that admin who completely removes the gameplay

With all the respect i have for you, and my eternal gratitude, who nuked domo yesterday ?*hypocrite*hypocrite*hypocrite*
And pls pls pls, i beg you, keep the rcon for you and kish only, pls do it, and then when you'll fuck with the rcon, i swear to god, i will pillory you., bc edicting rules and disrespect it, what the purpose ?
Bc you showed something important in your speech, you know some rcon abusers do like you, bc you fuck about rcon, so they think they can do the same. But it's just your fault, they are just copycat, you inspired them.(i understood you don't complain about the fact some others abuse with the rcon as you do, but about consequence).

SO the direct consequence is, you annoy people fuking about rcon,they are not happy when you do it, so of course, they are still not happy when it's one of your copycat doint it, but of course you were the first one doing it on the server historically, so when some rcon abuser aliasing, for players it's OBVIOUSLY "SaintHawk abusing AGAIN with the rcon."

So i perfectly understand why you're pissed by this bunch of rcon abusers.... and as you exactly said, it's your server, you pay for it, you do what you want

Ok but DON'T mislead us calling the server "[TRY]server", call it sainthawk server,or "bullshits server", or "don't want to play server" "you want to be slap, gravity change every 2 sec, come play there" and i'm curious to know after how long you will be bored to be 23/24 alone on your server.
But if it's you looking for, FINE do it, but without the clan name on the server. Actually we thought you generously paid a server for played together, but if we had wrong pls let us know quickly.

Because yes, if you pay a server and want to share it, you have to show some respect to people who come to PLAY on(the goal of urt is killing people mainly).
The perfect example was 2 days ago, when we played with kish playfull.... on sanc, vote get called for listening the cake song, it was find, vote pasted we listened the cake song 6 or 7 rounds but everybody on the server know, we won't play those rounds, some players disconnected, some others stayed, nobody was surprised about gravity change. FINDDDDD PERFECTLY FIND. But it's the first time i see something like that :(

BAn me for ever, kick me out of [TRY], but i won't retracted any words of my pamphlet, bc it's just the truth.

phd_killer
view post Posted on 8/5/2012, 14:30

Maybe I am too optimistic, but I think that if the rules are clear all [TRY] members with the rcon will behave correctly.

The reason it became so chaotic (and I don't like Chaotic, but that is another story) is because nobody clearly said what was wrong and what was right.

Nobody clearly said it was wrong because everyone knew it was Saint's server and she decides how to manage the server.

BUT, now that Saint's have clearly stated the rules, I think we should act on those who not follow the rules (except Saint).

I have a proposition :
We should do like in a business contract.
Have Saint change the RCON password, then, to get the password you have to read the rules and send a PM to Saint that you will follow the rules. Otherwise you don't get the RCON.

Then, if you agreed to follow the rules but we find out you don't we take back the RCON rights from you.
(We can't remove it from your memory, so you have to NOT used it again, anyway it will show up in the logs if you do... And I'll be pissed...)

Could that be a viable solution ?

NanoBullet
view post Posted on 8/5/2012, 14:40

QUOTE (phd_killer @ 8/5/2012, 15:30) 
Maybe I am too optimistic, but I think that if the rules are clear all [TRY] members with the rcon will behave correctly.

The reason it became so chaotic (and I don't like Chaotic, but that is another story) is because nobody clearly said what was wrong and what was right.

Nobody clearly said it was wrong because everyone knew it was Saint's server and she decides how to manage the server.

BUT, now that Saint's have clearly stated the rules, I think we should act on those who not follow the rules (except Saint).

I have a proposition :
We should do like in a business contract.
Have Saint change the RCON password, then, to get the password you have to read the rules and send a PM to Saint that you will follow the rules. Otherwise you don't get the RCON.

Then, if you agreed to follow the rules but we find out you don't we take back the RCON rights from you.
(We can't remove it from your memory, so you have to NOT used it again, anyway it will show up in the logs if you do... And I'll be pissed...)

Could that be a viable solution ?

Indeed. I'm totally on the same page.

That Cake Song story, I was the one chaging the gravity and stuff. But I only did it AFTER i called the vote and AFTER it got accepted, as some members like Mike and Playful can confirm.

I don't agree with every TRY member has the RCON. Only the trustworthy ones should have it.

What do you think, Saint?
You could select a group of people to have the RCON, and that's it. The rest could PM you and ask for it, and then you decide if you'll give it or not.

view post Posted on 8/5/2012, 14:44

Alt er Tabt

Group:
CENTURIONES

Yes. I hope rcon will change soon and Saint will give it to those she trusts just AFTER they asked for it to her. So if a problem occurs she can realize easily who didn't deserve her trust.

Molti, I don't like your post. Maybe you're right in certain things, I think (as she wrote herself) Saint is one of those who sometimes break rules, but it doesn't let you write those things. I mean, she pays for the server, she can do whatever she wants. She decided to give everyone rcon, but she asks to respect the rules. I think it makes sense. If people don't respect rules, not knowing who it is case by case, she wrote this complain here and it makes even more sense. I don't care who started breaking rules, if someone breaks rules Saint has the right to complain. If you think that the server is bad and it could take on us a bad reputation for the clan, don't blame anyone, just start a vote to change the server name. If most of the clan thinks the same then we will ask Saint to remove the [TRY] from the name of the server. Until then, please, don't blame anyone. Only Saint can complain since the server is ONLY hers. (it's just her generosity which make her name it TRY server).

Web   Top
moltisanti
view post Posted on 8/5/2012, 15:15

1st.
QUOTE (moltisanti @ 8/5/2012, 15:05) 

and as you exactly said, it's your server, you pay for it, you do what you want

2nd. She have all right to do what she wants of course, i insist it's her server, but she have rights and no responsabilities at all.....It's too easy
3rd. It's NOT ONLY her responsabilities, of course not, it's more a collective responsability from every members having rcon.
But the guarantee every member who have rcon read the rules seems a minimum to do.
And about let ONLY saint give the rcon, i say yes, except if she keep giving it to any noob idiots and kids playing on try server (>deodorant case illustrate perfectly my words.) bc it breaks rules 8 and probably 2.

view post Posted on 8/5/2012, 15:17

Alt er Tabt

Group:
CENTURIONES

Ok. Then we all agree Saint should change rcon and give it only to a few trusted people. And it would be nice if she tells us the list of people having it. That's all.

Web   Top
<(^^)> Holy
view post Posted on 8/5/2012, 18:21

I don't care about the gravity etc its the gamemode changing without warning(or voting) halfway through a map that annoys me. I know its your server and democracy doesnt work... but a little heads up before hand please. And yeah i see other [TRY] members abuse rcon so its not always saint at all.

KokesAKola
view post Posted on 8/5/2012, 18:24

Hmmm. I know I'm not a part of [TRY], but I think I could contribute some ideas.

I know I'm one of those people who tends to bitch about hits, lag, etc. As I've said before, I need to work on that, but I think it's a little too far for you to call people morons for doing so. It can be frustrating for people who tend who have bad hits on specific servers, and you'll find that people bitch about having bad hits on a lot of other servers, including match servers. You just have to get used to it, as its hard to avoid. But my dear Saint, if you think for even one second that I (and SO MANY others) am not appreciative of you for paying for this lovely server which bears, enhances, and mothers an entire community, then I don't want to have anything to do with you or your server. You know that I am a very appreciative person, and so many others are. I have little respect for people who seem to need recognition, and to me it seems like you are very much in need of recognition. And I still can't figure out why, your server is very popular and everybody knows that it's YOUR generous contribution. I don't need to say thank you, because you already know how I feel.

I have to partly agree with Molti on this one. Saint, you have a huge influence on everyone on your server and rcon holders. People lead by example. So I hate to say it, but you can't say it's not mainly your fault that people think it's you whenever someone messes with the rcon. However, I understand your frustration with [TRY] members messing with rcon and being silent while people blame you; people need to stand up for you more.

As for rcon holders. I think it is a good idea to start off with maybe 2 or 3 rcon holders, but have ref for some others. The ref holders should be able to earn rcon if you think it appropriate (if they're deserved it).

I don't know the rules you've developed, but I think that the [TRY] admins (leaders or high-ups) should develop generic rules for any server owned by anybody in [TRY]. There should be rules for people to follow, INCLUDING the person paying for the server. I think it's wrong for anybody to be 'above the law', no matter how much power they have.

I don't abuse rcon, but at this point I almost don't want it anymore. However obedient I may be with it, it's not right for someone outside of the clan to have more rights than any members, even though I may be very close to you guys.

JonathanLUNG
view post Posted on 8/5/2012, 19:17

Hey I've been saying all of this for a very long time.

Thateffingterrorist
view post Posted on 8/5/2012, 19:28

I agree with what the majority says, but I have one request. Please, let me try using rcon for once. I never got to use it because I was busy with my academic life, and now I'll be able to get on and play but I'll be losing my ability to. AGAIN.

For years I've been playing UT for and for how long I've known the clan members, I really would like to have the rcon permission. You guys also know that I hardly troll in game (except in TS3, but that's just communication fun), so I wish that to your consideration.

patryk8
view post Posted on 8/5/2012, 21:17

abso have right. hawki should give rcon only to people which her really trust, and when she do this she should post a list of people which gets rcon.

Knifey
view post Posted on 9/5/2012, 00:48

More often than not voting is on anyways, so if the server really wants to change the mode, can't a vote just be called? I'm all for restricting RCON to just Saint and Kish. I was raging yesterday after getting nuked 100 times.

45 replies since 8/5/2012, 08:01   521 views