Power Tripper, Semi-urgent Server Problem

« Older   Newer »
pu.sh
view post Posted on 29/5/2012, 00:53

I'm posting this as a collective post, of the people on the [TRY] server. (Because nobody else wants to sign up for a forum account because forums suck.)

It has come to our attention that there is an individual who plays on the [TRY] servers, with access to RCON, has been very 'abusive' in their actions regarding the RCON abilities. Many of the server's regular members have been subjected to 'abnormal play' and have left the server because of it.

Some examples of what goes on:

* g_knockback is always set to 100000
* Occasionally set to nades and boots only
* g_gravity flops between 100 and 100000
* ut4_urbannades (Because fuck urbannades)
* TKing, Shooting, etc.

These incidents have been increasingly common in the last few months - The older [TRY] was never like this. These actions are driving users away from this server, myself included. I get kickass pings on this server, but, in it's current state, the server is irritating to play on when incidents like these are happening.

As a whole, we would like to see some action taken against this individual. I would prefer not to point a finger at any one in this post, because 1. I did not get a /rcon status of their IP while they were aliased as tag|proSNIP, the incident that provoked this post, so I have no solid accusations and 2. I am not a part of [TRY] and it is not up to me to be a judge of the incident, only a reporter of the incident.

Thank you.

view post Posted on 29/5/2012, 01:17

Group:
MEMBERS

I went too far and I have to admit it. I was that guy messing with the RCON.
Saint already knows this (hope she has read that email) and since kish, Saint and loads of other people have asked me numerous times to stop slapping/nuking/changing gravity etc., from this day I shall not use it anymore.
I apologize to everyone whose score I ruined or simply made the game unbearable.
Yours faithfully,
ChildishLatvianGuy that`s now ashamed

Contacts  Top
SaintHawk
view post Posted on 29/5/2012, 08:59

I went too far and I have to admit it. I was that girl messing with the RCON.
Bored already knows this (hope he has read that email) and since kish, Bored and loads of other people have asked me numerous times to stop slapping/nuking/changing gravity etc., from this day I shall not use it anymore.
I apologize to everyone whose score I ruined or simply made the game unbearable.
Yours faithfully,
ChildishHawk that`s now ashamed

*ZoOm*
view post Posted on 29/5/2012, 11:14

Everything was fine as it was just set to P&S only. Back in the old days where Try Server was up. Then it went down and everyone went to Voxel....since Voxel is gone many people dont know where to play. So why dont we just stay with P&S because WE ARE a P&S clan.

NanoBullet
view post Posted on 29/5/2012, 12:41

And this was supposed to be another attempt of responsability, server organization and, basically, maturity?

I'm trully disappointed with you guys, expecially you Saint.

I spoke to you about changing the RCON and giving it to only a certain number of players, and not just FUCKIN everyone. But you wanted to do it your way. Everyone respected your decision and things were going fine, until this happened...

Believe my words: The day will come when you regret the rcon abuse, and it'll be 2 late to fix the misdeeds, cause people will remember the way they were treated in the server.

I'm just sayin' what I believe everyone's thinking, so control your powers adminpower

[(gh0st)]
view post Posted on 29/5/2012, 13:28

I want to start this off by saying I really do enjoy playing with you guys(Yes, even you Nano). However in the recent months, I've been playing less and less(Especially when I see Hawk is on, I mean don't get me wrong I have nothing against Hawk, it's just that when she is on it is rarely going to be a serious game) on TRY's server, due to incident's like the one's above. But you know what? The abuse doesn't bother me in the least. Whenever they start intentionally screwing up everyone's game I just leave. That's my choice to make, just like it's Hawk choice to do whatever she want's with Rcon. However what you are going to notice is more people are going to start doing what I do, which is just stop checking the server as often. Eventually we'll all find a server that has a decent ping, good people, and non-abusive admins and we'll all move there. Is that something you are willing to risk? That's a question the clan as a whole needs to ask.

My solution to your problem? Rename the current server to "Hawk's Playground" or the like and someone else in the clan buy a official clan server. Then Hawk and Kish can go goof off and the rest of you can play seriously.

Hope nobody took offense to that, and I hope I'm not butting in...but that my two cents! :)

Good game and have fun guys!

-nS|gh0st

phd_killer
view post Posted on 29/5/2012, 13:45

QUOTE (*ZoOm* @ 29/5/2012, 06:14) 
Everything was fine as it was just set to P&S only. Back in the old days where Try Server was up. Then it went down and everyone went to Voxel....since Voxel is gone many people dont know where to play. So why dont we just stay with P&S because WE ARE a P&S clan.

https://www.gameservers.com/order/step2.php?game=103
12 slots in PARIS = 8.09 Euros /months (1 year contract)

The worst thing is that even when Hawks not on the server, it is filled with either :
- Blazed kids knifing / self-nading / team-killling.
or
- Idiots thinking they are the best and calling everyone noobs. (Maybe they are good, but do they have to say it ? and why do I witness that only on TRY servers ?)

I just don't understand how they manage to all end up on this server all the time.
I play on many other servers and we see one asshole once in a while, most of the time they either get muted or kicked.
On [TRY] server they are ALWAYS there now.

Even worse, recently I kicked a really annoying Douche Bag, He came back, and back, and back and was getting worse by the second, so I "temp banned" him.
Then I was slapped on the wrist for doing so. (not slapped in the game...)

So fuck it !

Fishescantsmoke
view post Posted on 29/5/2012, 13:45

If we are enough we can rent a server for like 3 months. I can give 10 bucks if it for three months. The problem is that I don't know anything about server log, configs or things like that. I would prefer to pay with someone who knows how to handle it. But if we don't find anyone who want to pay and know about these things, we can still asdk to saint or Phd...

PS : I realized I wont be at home during summer, so I will pay agter this summer.

PS2 : Anyone intersested contact me in PM

phd_killer
view post Posted on 29/5/2012, 13:50

QUOTE (Fishescantsmoke @ 29/5/2012, 08:45) 
If we are enough we can rent a server for like 3 months. I can give 10 bucks if it for three months. The problem is that I don't know anything about server log, configs or things like that. I would prefer to pay with someone who knows how to handle it. But if we don't find anyone who want to pay and know about these things, we can still asdk to saint or Phd...

We could set a donate button (it is part of GAMESERVERS stuff when you rent there)

Example of donate button : http://clanwip.com/donate.php

You can see who donates, you can see what are the cost and the bottom line.

If enough people are serious about it, we should discuss in member section.
As long as we state clearly from the start that donate ≠ rcon

KokesAKola
view post Posted on 29/5/2012, 14:06

Saint, I don't understand your behavior. You flip out because people use you as the 'scapegoat' when someone fucks with the server settings or abuses rcon, and now all you have to say exactly what BoredLatvianGuy has to say? If you feel that it's so wrong for you to be blamed, then why aren't you trying to defend yourself now? I have nothing against you, and you're a great person, Saint, but something's gotta change.

Whenever I play on your server, I get trolled somehow, whether someone calls a vote to kick me and no admins bother to veto, or whether I get slapped. Just thinking about it pisses me off, because when I've had rcon, I've never abused it, and now that I don't have it and someone calls a vote to kick me, nobody bothers to type in 9 characters to veto a simple kick vote? Is that how you reward loyalty and friendship? So when I'm on your server nowadays I just alias, for fear of being trolled. It's almost to the point where I want to stop caring about the server altogether. I come there because I want to play with my old friends. With the way things are right not, I'll just go to a server that has no abusive admins if I want to play properly and get some practice.

But anyway, as I've suggested before, I think [TRY] should be able to find the funds for a new server, and you should develop a generic list of rules for any official [TRY] servers. It makes sense for those who want to fuck around to continue to use Saint's server, but for those who want to get on to practice and play seriously, there should be a different server. Like gh0st said, you should rename Saint's server to something else, because I don't believe it properly represents your clan. The server runs on Saint's rules and not collective [TRY] rules.

Don't take offense to anything I've just said, it's just a little constructive criticism.

On a side note, if you guys want an organized server where admins are not abusive, -nS| has a public server (located in New York). It's new and it's barely used at the moment, but if you feel like having some proper practice and organized play, you're welcome to play there.

JonathanLUNG
view post Posted on 29/5/2012, 14:23

just lol.

Honestly. People get mad at me when I change the map or veto votes or whatever.

Then they go ahead and slap people randomly, kick people, change the gravity, etc etc etc.

Fuck that shit. I've never not had the rcon on the TRY server (both the first and second incarnations of it), and I do my damned best to have some fucking quality control on that shit. But when random players aren't fucking around, the admins are fucking around. Then everyone turns around and flips a shit about rcon immaturity.

@Saint: If you're going to go smoke up or something, don't play. It just makes it less fun for everyone. It's really annoying to be gravity dropped randomly or to be bombed intentionally while defusing or whatever. It's a lot less funny when you've had a bad day and you're playing to unwind.

@Most people: You probably don't actually deserve the rcon if you're using it. If you're not using it unless you have to, you're doing it right.

I'm vaguely willing to help pay for a server that we actually have rules for. Y'know, like calling kick votes to make decisions or, god forbid, actually respecting admins or whatnot.

All the trash is accumulating at our server, oh, I'm sorry, it's Saint's server and stuff, yeah -.- because people have no fucking self control and it just encourages everyone else to believe that we'll take their shit. And then I leave for several days and it turns out that there isn't a moment that ISN'T shit on the server.

And that's annoying and stuff!

view post Posted on 29/5/2012, 17:25

damn it no one say about my person nothing i must abuse some people with Rcon too
HACKERSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*JDM*
view post Posted on 29/5/2012, 19:04

QUOTE (*ZoOm* @ 29/5/2012, 03:14) 

NO P&S=gay >:(

Bogeybear
view post Posted on 23/6/2012, 05:24

QUOTE (*JDM* @ 29/5/2012, 20:04) 
QUOTE (*ZoOm* @ 29/5/2012, 03:14) 

NO P&S=gay >:(

Go die drazer. :)

PlayfulKiller
view post Posted on 28/6/2012, 02:16

I'm going to save up money and pay for a server. I'm fucking tired of all this baby antics of rcon abuse.

I go to [TRY] server to play with my clan members but that shit is just plain fucking annoying. I'm coming back when I the server. If you guys want to pinch in with just $1 then its fine. Thats all I ask.

24 replies since 29/5/2012, 00:53   325 views